Design, implement, troubleshoot, analyze and maintain the IT Infrastructure of customer environments; including network connectivity and utilization, Windows server administration, virtualization, performance tuning, backup/restore and disaster recovery. Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems. Maintain documentation of client networks and systems. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Additional responsibilities include:
- Performing project implementation
- Performing post project knowledge transfer
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks, and provide technical support.
REPORTS TO: Head of Business Unit
MAIN JOB TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation as it relates to server and network topology, equipment, and configuration(s).
- Involve in building project plans, design, and implement solutions.
- Support for problems identified with systems and network.
- Participate in technical specifications and requirements for purchasing of new servers and networking equipment.
- Participate in after-hours upgrades, troubleshooting, and/or on-call availability as needed.
- Standard system administration duties including platform OS and systems application install, problem determination and resolution, log analysis, etc.
- Provide Infrastructure services in all areas needed: storage networking, Operating System, network security, directory services, server virtualization, system backup and restore, system and network monitoring, application installation and configuration.
- Assist with reports and recommendations for Managed Services Clients.
- Interface with third party vendors as liaison between client and vendor.
- Utilize superior customer service skills.
- Stay current with system information, changes, and updates.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Candidates should be team players with excellent communication skills and have the ability to manage assignments independently.
- Diploma or degree in Information Technology
- 1-2 years of prior IT experience. Prior experience working for a service provider is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate by phone or in person
- Demonstrated written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to achieve successful outcomes in handling difficult situations and work with various customers and management levels
- Demonstrated analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Shows initiative and acts independently to resolve problems
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and follow through on projects to completion
- Effectively utilizes tools to resolve issues and escalates appropriately
- Experience working with Windows Server 2003-2012, Microsoft Server Applications, VMware and Knowledge Storage Technologies
- Microsoft certifications a plus
- VMware certification a plus
- Symantec certification a plus
- Proven background of providing great customer service
- Ability to work both independently and within a team, prioritizes existing projects, and proactively determine areas requiring additional attention, monitoring, or maintenance