Date: Monday 31st October and Wednesday 2nd to Friday 4th November 2022
Time: 08.30a.m to 04.00p.m.
Venue: L'Escale Resort Marina & Spa, Mahé Islands, Seychelles
RSVP: by 20th October 2022
For any information on this training and our offerings, please contact us  403 6800 or by mail email@example.com.
Who should attend?
All those involved in or responsible for implementing Business Continuity Management that complies with ISO 22301.
Why should you attend?
- To ensure compliance to regulatory requirements on BCM
- To keep your business trading during and after an incident
- To recover operations more quickly after interruptions
- To reduce costs and duration of any disruption
- To mitigate risks and financial exposure
- To build customer confidence and trust
- To safeguard company reputation
What are the benefits for your business?
- brings together international best practice to help organisations to respond to and recover from disruptions effectively. This means reduced costs and impact on business performance.
- provides a clear and detailed view of how an organisation operates, offering valuable insights that are useful for strategic planning, risk management, supply chain management, business transformation and resource management.
- with multiple sites or divisions can rely on the same consistent approach across the entire organisation.
- are able to reassure their stakeholders that they have sound systems and processes in place for Business Continuity.
- have improved business performance and organisational resilience.
- have better understanding of the business through analysis of critical issues and areas of vulnerabilities.
- Certificate of attendance will be provided.
- ISO 22301 Certification will be provided by PECB on passing the exam.
- In case of exam failure, the candidate may retake the exam within 12 months at no cost.
Executive - Resiliency Services
Pete is a Fellow of the Business Continuity Institute (BCI) (www.thebci.org), founding chairman of the African Chapter of the BCI, Director of the Global BCI Board, approved BCI and ISO 22301 Instructor, founding BCI Forum Chairman for Mauritius and surrounding Islands as well as the founding member of the East African BCI Forum. He was awarded the Business Continuity Consultant of the year in August 2014 and shortlisted for the Global BCI Awards that same year.
In 2008, with international partners in Mauritius, Pete established ContinuityMauritius (CMU), this included the formation of the company, recruitment and training of staff, development of a Data Centre and a Work Area Recovery Site as well as the implementation of all the processes and procedures needed to operate the business. In 2017, CMU rebranded into Birger Resiliency Services, a division of the BIRGER. Group which covers 9 territories in the Indian Ocean Islands (IOI) and East Africa. From 2011 Pete has been assisting ContinuitySA (CSA) as a Resilience Specialist across all disciplines of BCM locally in South Africa, as well all the regional countries south of the Sahara. In 2016 he was deployed as the Managing Director of ContinuityEastAfrica (CEA) in Nairobi, Kenya where he established a BCM company (like CMU in Mauritius) serving the growing demand for Business Continuity Management in Eastern Africa.
Pete has successfully completed projects for over 22 years in South Africa, Nigeria, Ghana, Togo, South Sudan, Uganda, Kenya, Mauritius, Botswana, Mozambique, Swaziland, Lesotho, Namibia, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Malawi, Tanzania, UAE, United Kingdom, Angola, Madagascar, Benin and the United States of America. In addition to being the official company Compliance Officer for the Continuity practice of Dimension Data, he has been advising several global companies on COVID-19 resilience, Crisis Management and Risk & Resilience Implementation Programmes.