21 Dec 2016
BIRGER. acquires majority stake in ContinuityMauritius
BIRGER., a technology solution and service provider headquartered in Mauritius, with companies in eight other countries outside Mauritius, in the Indian Ocean Islands and East Africa, has acquired Mauritius Telecom’s 50% shareholding in ContinuityMauritius, a business continuity and disaster recovery company with operations in Mauritius. The acquisition by BIRGER. of the 50% shareholding from Mauritius Telecom takes its total shareholding from 25% to 75% in ContinuityMauritius.
ContinuitySA, a business continuity and disaster recovery company holds the remaining 25% share capital of ContinuityMauritius with operations in South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique and Kenya. ContinuitySA retains its stake in ContinuityMauritius with the view to provide complete services to its international customers in Mauritius.
Mauritius Telecom, the leading telecommunications operator and service provider in Mauritius, serving 1.4 million customers with fixed, mobile and broadband services along with Enterprise solutions, has decided to divest its stake in ContinuityMauritius with the view to focus its efforts on its telecom business.
BIRGER.'s objective to acquire a majority stake in ContinuityMauritius is to provide a unique end-to-end technology-security-resiliency solution to its enterprise customers from its Technology Operation Centre located in Phoenix, in the center of Mauritius.
The transaction was signed on Monday 12th December 2016, and will be effective on 1st January 2017, the date by which BIRGER. will appoint a new Chairman and Director to the board of ContinuityMauritius, as well as a new General Manager to consolidate and develop the activities of ContinuityMauritius, a company incorporated in Mauritius in October 2008 by Mauritius Telecom, ContinuitySA and BIRGER.
Official Communique dated 21/11/2016
You may also like
09 Apr 2019
BIRGER. Participated in the Reforestation of Citadel
BIRGER.'s participation to this reforestation project has allowed its employees to champion the environment by, inter alia, planting endemic plants.
26 Nov 2021
BIRGER. has two new Heads of BU in Mauritius
We are pleased to announce that Bhargava Sokappadu (Sok) and Tarvind Moosun have been promoted to Head of Network & Security and Head of Cyber Security Services respectively.
12 Oct 2020
Entrust Datacard is now ENTRUST
Entrust Datacard, the global leader in identities, payments solutions, and data protection, changed its name to ENTRUST.